Strangers in Paradise
0 Antworten1'014 AufrufeGestartet von vorkosigan ·
vorkosiganThemenstart
Dieses Gedicht ist aus der Comicserie "Strangers in Paradise" von Terry Moore. Für mich ist es eines der schönsten Gedichte überhaupt. Die deutsche Version habe ich leider gerade nicht parat. Aber das Original ist natürlich schöner:
Strangers in Paradise
Scribbled and scratching
Half finished pages at dawn
People that live here are wondering
Where all their strength's gone.
Moments of splendor
Wind up like ashes in rain,
One look you're smiling,
Another your face is in pain.
I wake up at night
with the sweat on my head.
A look in your eyes
that will haunt me til dead.
I just can't seem to shake it,
Something about what you said;
How love's like an orphan,
A motherless child gone unfed.
So we laugh with the joker,
Hold back the tears til they're gone.
Drink and be merry
They'll find us all dead men at dawn.
We're so far away
From wherever we came
That sometimes I wonder
We'll see it again
It's true, what they say...
You can't always go home,
You can't always be warm inside.
That, in love, we're like orphans,
Strangers in paradise.
Strangers in Paradise
Scribbled and scratching
Half finished pages at dawn
People that live here are wondering
Where all their strength's gone.
Moments of splendor
Wind up like ashes in rain,
One look you're smiling,
Another your face is in pain.
I wake up at night
with the sweat on my head.
A look in your eyes
that will haunt me til dead.
I just can't seem to shake it,
Something about what you said;
How love's like an orphan,
A motherless child gone unfed.
So we laugh with the joker,
Hold back the tears til they're gone.
Drink and be merry
They'll find us all dead men at dawn.
We're so far away
From wherever we came
That sometimes I wonder
We'll see it again
It's true, what they say...
You can't always go home,
You can't always be warm inside.
That, in love, we're like orphans,
Strangers in paradise.
Seite 1 von 1 · 1 Beiträge in diesem Thema